Atterbury-Muscatatuck Unmanned Aerial Systems from Indiana National Guard on Vimeo.
Already known DOD-wide as a very flexible and accommodating UAS training venue in the U.S., Atterbury-Muscatatuck JMTC has expanded its Unmanned Aircraft (UA) support capability to include FAA Certificate of Authorizations (COAs) which permit UA operations at Muscatatuck Urban Training Complex.
- Airfield Operations Office staffed seven days a week M-F 0800L-2300L, S-S 0800L-1600L and other times as mission requires.
- If a mission requires 24 hour operations, a 72 hour advanced notification must be requested. The staff is here to provide knowledge of local operations and procedures, customer service, and airspace de-confliction.
- Camp Atterbury also provides areas for realistic flight training under VFR (Visual Flight Rules), night and night systems. Included are terrain flight areas, confined areas, and unit supported FARPs (Forward Arming & Refueling Point).
Venues available to reserve:
- Dedicated Unmanned Aircraft Operations Facilities
- Operations and Maintenance Hangar
- Admin and Operational Office Space
Himsel Army Airfield (11II)
DoD (Department of Defense):VFR (Visual Flight Rules) supplement as “HIMSEL AAF”
Contact Himsel Tower or Range Control on 126.2
DSN Fax: 569-2775